7676 Sawmill Road
Dublin, OH 43016
Today, I took advantage of a day off work and the girls spending time with their mother to enjoy a lunch of Indian food.
I have been to Amul India several times in the last few years and, with the exception of unsuccessful efforts to introduce the cuisine on separate occasions to a friend and my girls, I have enjoyed it alone! That's OK; I don't mind some alone time now and again!
Amul India is tucked away in the Old Sawmill Plaza that is also home to other fine dining establishments like Skyline Chili and Dairy Queen...as well as Thai Orchid!
(photo from Amul India website)
On each visit to Amul India, I have taken advantage of the lunch buffet. It's difficult to choose just one item, so I have yet to order off the menu.
This day, the buffet offered a few more items than usual and, of course, I had to sample as many as I could. Before I left the restaurant, I had small portions of each of the following:
- Vegetable Pakoras - a type of fried vegetable fritter
- Naan - traditional Indian bread
- Vegetable Biryani - a special rice blend with garden vegetables
- Palak Paneer - homemade cheese cubes cooked in spinach and cream
- Dal Makhani - creamed lentils prepared with butter and spice
- Chicken Makhani - marinated chicken pieces smothered with onions, tomatoes, butter, and cream
- Lamb Mushroom - lamb and mushrooms cooked in a curry sauce
It goes without saying that Naan is one of my favorite Indian foods. In addition, I particularly like the Palak Paneer and Lamb Mushroom. Today, the lamb was incredibly tender and the curry sauce was delicious.
As much as I enjoy Indian food, I have not really tried the beverages. In keeping with the "adventure" theme of this blog, I hereby pledge to order a Mango Lassi with my next meal!
With a soft drink (and before tip), the lunch buffet is a few pennies north of $10. The staff keeps the drink glasses filled and completes the dining experience in a positive manner.
Although I do not mind visiting Indian restaurants alone, I am always up for a dining companion. Just let me know if you would like to join me on an upcoming Indian culinary adventure!