About "Eat My Words"

About this blog

"Eat My Words" is a long time in the making. There is no question that my favorite activity is eating, but beyond that obvious fact, I especially like visiting new restaurants and trying new foods.

That's where the "Adventures in Dining" comes in. I won't be reviewing chain restaurants. The food may be fine, but there is no adventure to a Bob Evans, Applebee's, or Olive Garden! The only time I may blog about one of these establishments might be to comment on something unusual - whether it be good or bad - that may have occurred during my visit. Otherwise, I will be focusing on small, local restaurants that feature unique menu items.

I am not a food snob. I do not have any culinary training. I like what I like and will share my thoughts regarding my meal, a restaurant's ambiance, the attentiveness of the staff, and any other thoughts that may come to mind. Hopefully, readers will enjoy my reviews and try these restaurants for themselves.

Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to share your own feedback!

Gary Dougherty
November 24, 2010

UPDATE (October 13, 2012): I'm back!! For a variety of reasons (none of them good), I have not posted any reviews for about 18 months. Rest assured, I have continued to eat...just not write! I hope you enjoy my culinary adventures and I welcome any recommendations you might have for me. Bon appetit!








Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Lazy Chameleon (December 29, 2012)

The Lazy Chameleon

4028 Presidential Parkway
Powell, OH 43065

614/792-8393
http://www.lazychameleon.com/

Situated in a strip center just of of Sawmill Parkway in Powell, the Lazy Chameleon touts itself as the "best seafood and margaritas in Columbus!"

Whereas I did not try the seafood nor the margaritas, I suspect that the claim of having the best in town might be a bit of hyperbole.  The Lazy Chameleon is a bar that includes some seafood offerings, the majority of which are on the appetizer menu.

Frankly, I was a little leery about the quality of the seafood and ordered the Cajun Pasta Alfredo ($12.99) and Lori selected the Chopped Salad with Steak ($9.99).

For starters, we ordered the Mucho Nachos ($6.99) which consisted of ground beef, cheddar cheese sauce, salsa, jalapenos, and a scoop of sour cream deposited on a bed of room temperature nacho chips.  Not very imaginative, but what one might expect as a pub appetizer.


After collecting our menus, the server returned to our table to ask if it was OK that my entree was served with rice.  I thought that a rather off question since I ordered a pasta dish, but she caught me a bit off guard and I didn't question her as I should have.

Well, once the entree was served, it became clear that a mistake had been made.  Instead of the Cajun Pasta Alfredo, I was presented with the Southwest Chicken ($10.49).  Rather than extending our visit by returning the chicken for what I had actually ordered, I accepted it.



The plate consisted of two grilled chicken breasts topped with shredded cheese, bacon, and salsa on a bed of rice (as promised!).  At my request, about 10 onion rings accompanied the chicken.  Unfortunately, the quality of the food was on par with a strip center bar.

Lori assured me that her salad was good.


It is unlikely that I will return to the Lazy Chameleon unless it is for the live music.  However, I will be sure to keep my culinary expectations low.

No comments:

Post a Comment